Tours May Include:
- Airport transfer to and from hotel
- All ground transportation in Costa Rica in a private van
- Bilingual driver
- 3 - 5 Star shared accommodations
- All meals
- 3 or more Group Tours* from the “Fun Things to do at Lake Arenal”. See list below.
Tours May Not Include:
- RT air from your home city to San Jose, CR (SJO)
- Private airport transfer if needed
- Airport departure taxes $29.00
- Meals do not include drinks or desert
- Items of a personal nature/souvenirs/gifts
- Trip cancellation medical travel insurance
- Tips to porters, bus drivers, local guides etc.
- Optional tours not listed in itinerary
- Any additions made after the itinerary is completed
Fun Things to Do at Lake Arenal:
- Zip line/Canopy tour at "Arenal Paradiso" or “Sky Trek”.
- Hanging bridges tour.
- Baldi or Tabacon hot springs.
- Arenal Bungee.
- Visit Las Pumas injured Big Cat Rescue Center. See every big cat of Costa Rica in one place!
- Then after that, a float trip down the Rio Corobici to see wildlife along the river.
- Kayaking on Lake Arenal.
- Horseback riding (a real ride).
- Whitewater rafting.
- Hike in to explore the extinct volcanic caldera of Cerro Chato, right next to Arenal Volcano.
- Arenal Volcano day hikes.
- The Serpentarium, Butterfly Gardens and bug collections at El Castillo.
- Then on your way back, stop to see lava flowing down the volcano.
- Try Wakeboarding on Lake Arenal with professional wake board instructors from “The Fly Zone”
- Lake Fishing with our own Capt’n Ron of Arenal Fishing Tours.
- Boat tour on Lake Arenal.
- Visit The Maleku Tribe of Costa Rica.
These activities are from five minutes to one hour away from the home. These tours and more can all be arranged
upon your arrival. All activities can be tailored to your pace and the kind of vacation you want to have.
Tips for the Trip
Check with you bank regarding and extra or hidden fees when using your credit or debit card abroad. AND let them know you will be out of the country as they may cut off your card when foreign purchases start coming in.
The money of Costa Rica is the colones but US dollars are accepted just about everywhere and are subject to the rate of exchange charged of the day at that location. Keep in mind that any change you get will be in colones. So, unless you are planning to return the trick is to make sure you use up the colones before you leave. Remember, there is a departure tax of $29 that can be paid in colones (hint, hint) If you choose to buy Costa Rica colones your worst point of exchange is at the airport and one of the best is at a bank. There are 2 banks in Nuevo Arenal.
Keep in mind that if you forget anything there are plenty of stores and some laundry service. You will find many recognizable US brands too.
The main crime in Costa Rica is theft so always be aware of your valuables
Leave your passport and drivers license in a safe secure place and only carry a copy of your passport page with picture.
Things to Bring
- Passport and a photocopy (xerox copy will do) of your passport info with picture page
- Rain gear (coat or poncho & umbrella)
- Comfortable loose fitting jeans or long pants for the ACLF property walks and/or horseback rides
- Comfortable shoes!!! (sneakers, boots, sandals) There will be walking!
- Sunscreen, bug repellent
- A hat, sunglasses and bathing suit
- A personal towel (I like to bring my pillow too)
- like to bring my own soap, shampoo and toothpaste etc. (but I am very picky)
Remember, you may contact me any time if you have ANY questions!
772-882-7093 ACLF, 772-985-2142 cell, email@example.com